CARSON CITY, NV - August 07, 2019
Notice of Public Meeting
Regular Meeting of the Complete Count Committee
Tuesday, August 13, 2019 @ 1:00 P.M.
Old Assembly Chambers - Capitol Building, 101 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701
Video Conference Location:
Governor's Conference Room, Grant Sawyer Building, Suite 5100
555 E. Washington Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101
775-687-0999 COde: 41921
Chair Lt. Governor Kate Marshall, Vice Chair Assemblywoman Sandra Jauregui, Secretary of State Barbara Cegavske, Senator James Settelmeyer, Councilman Kristopher Dahir, Davis Gonzalez, Nicole Lamboley, Dagny Stapleton, Reverend Dr. Ralph E. Williamson, Emily Zamora
THIS MEETING IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE NEVADA “OPEN MEETING LAW” AND HAS BEEN PROPERLY NOTICED AND POSTED AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATIONS:
- Blasdel Building, 209 E. Musser Street, Carson City, NV 89701
- Capitol Building, 101 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701
- Legislative Building, 401 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701
- Nevada State Library & Archives, 100 North Stewart Street, Carson City, NV 89701
- Grant Sawyer Building, Capitol Police, 555 E. Washington Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- You may also find this posted online at: notice.nv.gov and ltgov.nv.gov
Statement of the Committee
- Action may be taken on those items denoted “For Possible Action”
- Items on this agenda may be taken in a different order than listed
- Two or more agenda items may be combined for consideration
- An item may be removed from this agenda or discussion relating to an item on this agenda may be delayed at any time
- Public comment is welcomed by the Committee and will be allowed at the beginning and at the end of the meeting. Because of the time considerations, the period for public comment by each speaker may be limited to 3 minutes at the discretion of the Chair, and speakers are urged to avoid repetition of comments made by previous speakers.
- No action may be taken on any matter brought up under public comment until that matter has been specifically included on an agenda as an item upon which action may be taken. (NRS 241.020)
- Meetings are audio-recorded as part of the public record. Speakers are requested to identify themselves before speaking.
- Call to Order and Confirmation of Proper Posting – Lt. Governor Kate Marshall
- Roll Call and Determination of Quorum – Lt. Governor Kate Marshall
B. Public Comment
C. For Possible Action—June 26, 2019 Meeting Minutes. The Committee will review and possibly approve the meeting minutes from June 26, 2019.
D. For Discussion—Roles: U.S. Census Bureau vs. Complete Count Committee, U.S. Census Bureau
E. For Discussion—U.S. Census Bureau Update, U.S. Census Bureau
- State of the Census
- Media Campaign Plan
- Reluctance to Respond
- Overcoming lack of trust in government
- Language barriers
- Internet Literacy: Digital Census vs. Paper Census
- Mobile Sites
- Online Process
- Can data be used post-census to target certain communities?
F. For Discussion—Presentation: Website Walk through, Kannaiah Vadlakunta
G. For Discussion—Media Protocols & Messaging, Governor’s Office
- Monitoring and managing Census messaging
H. For Discussion—Presentation: The Purchasing Process, Governor’s Office
- The Governor’s Office will present on the purchasing process as outlined in NRS Chapter 333.
I. For Discussion—Targeting HTCs, Jeff Hardcastle
- Response Outreach Area Mapper
- Broadband Accessibility
- Layers of Demographics
- Citizenship Question
J. For Possible Action—Lt. Governor Kate Marshall will invite Committee members to suggest possible subcommittees that should be formed in order to ensure that Nevada receives a complete count in the 2020 Census.
- The Committee will discuss the role and responsibility of a subcommittee and potentially draft a list of proposed subcommittees. The Committee may vote to create the subcommittees at this meeting and determine volunteers from the Committee that will participate on those subcommittees.
K. For Possible Action—State Regional Convenings, Lt. Governor Kate Marshall
- The Committee will discuss gathering all trusted voices, elected officials, activists, stakeholders, and other interested and relevant parties from each region of the state to optimize outreach. The Committee may vote to take on this responsibility in order to ensure that Nevada receives a complete count in the 2020 Census.
L. For Possible Action—Determine Upcoming Meeting Date/Time
M. Committee Comment
N. Public Comment
O. For Possible Action—Adjournment