LAS VEGAS, Nev. - August 18, 2016
Today, Lieutenant Governor Mark Hutchison announced creation of a Northern Nevada entrepreneurship task force charged with addressing the needs of the entrepreneurial, small business, and startup communities in Nevada. The task force will focus its efforts on developing a master plan for entrepreneurial development, increasing collaboration among entrepreneurial communities, and developing an Entrepreneurial Summit to outline best practices. The task force will also identify and consider future legislative priorities to sustain, strengthen, and grow a diverse environment where small businesses and startup companies can develop and thrive. Members of the newly formed Northern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force include:
- Douglas Erwin, Vice President of Entrepreneurial Development at Economic Development Authority of Western Nevada (EDAWN)
- Mridul Gautam, Ph.D., Vice President for Research and Innovation and Professor of Mechanical Engineering at University of Nevada, Reno
- Rob Hooper, Executive Director of the Northern Nevada Development Authority
- Chris Howard, MBA, CMA, CMC, Director of Entrepreneurship Initiatives for the University of Nevada, Reno
- Ashley Jennings,Founder and Chief Executive Officers of Parlor Shows
- Kevin Lyons, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Governance Sciences Group
- Scott Levy, Chief Business Officer, Co-founder and Managing Member of Elevate Blue, LLC
- Kathie Priebe, Chair of Reno Angels, and Member of Sierra Angels and Golden Seed
- Dusty Wunderlich, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of Bristlecone Holdings
The Northern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force will hold its first meeting on Thursday, August 25 at 9am at the Innevation Center in Reno. Additional information on the Northern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force's first meeting and future meetings can be found online at the Entrepreneurship Task Force Meeting page.
Following the announcement, Lieutenant Governor Hutchison released this statement:
“I'm pleased to announce the creation of the Northern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force. In my work as Lieutenant Governor, I've seen firsthand the positive impacts of engaging the entrepreneurial community and the promising economic development opportunities entrepreneurs offer Nevada's future. Establishing the Northern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force is an important and impactful next step in ensuring Nevada's startups, small businesses, and entrepreneurial communities can meet their full potential."