LAS VEGAS - October 12, 2016
Today, Lieutenant Governor Mark Hutchison officially announced the formation of the Southern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force. In August, the Lieutenant Governor created the Northern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force charged with addressing the needs of the entrepreneurial, small business, and startup communities in Nevada. Together, the statewide task forces will concentrate their work on establishing a long-term plan for entrepreneurship in Nevada, and working to make Nevada the top state for entrepreneurs and start-ups. Members of the newly formed Southern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force include:
- Christina Aldan, Founder, Speaker, and Digital Advertising Consultant at LG Designs
- Bill Botts, Angel Investor
- Sara Hill, Co-Founder and Managing Partner at The Mill
- Jimmy Jacobson, Software Engineer, VegasJS Organizer, Cofounder and CTO of Wedgies.com
- Leith Martin, Executive Director of the Center for Entrepreneurship at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Zach Miles, Associate Vice President for Economic Development at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- Bill Payne, PAI Lead Instructor and Program Developer Angel Investor, Board Member, Advisor to Entrepreneurs
- Jonas Peterson, President and CEO of the Las Vegas Global Economic Alliance (LVGEA)
- Eugene Wong, Managing Director at Mountain West Tech Accelerator
The Southern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force will hold its first meeting on Wednesday, October 19 at 9am at the Innevation Center in Las Vegas. Additional information on the Southern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force's first meeting and future meetings can be found online at the Entrepreneurship Task Force's Meeting page.
Following the announcement, Lieutenant Governor Hutchison released this statement:
“Today I'm pleased to announce creation of a Southern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force. Engaging members from northern and southern Nevada will provide a means for our state to better gauge the issues and needs affecting the entrepreneurial community. I'm optimistic that Nevada will serve as the nerve center for all things entrepreneurial, startup, and small business. Ensuring the Northern Nevada Entrepreneurship Task Force has an ally in Southern Nevada is a critical step in creating that future."